Have you ever wondered what it would be like to chop up a salad for a sloth or send kids for a spin on a carousel? Adult volunteers assist in may areas of the Zoo, including guest services, animal care, and special events. If you'd like to join us please read the information below.
Applicants need to meet these requirements:
- must be at least 18 years of age
- must commit to a volunteer term of at least 6 months
- must provide written proof of a negative TB skin test every 12 month (if working in contact with animals or their food)
- Applicants will be contacted to set up an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Upon being accepted, new volunteers will attend an orientation class and receive training in specific areas of service.
- Once training has been completed, new volunteers will be given assignments.
After being accepted into the program, each volunteer will pay a one-time fee of $25; the fee includes a uniform t-shirt & a name tag.
Applications are available at the Zootique gift shop or Click here for a printable version.
Please contact Silvia Schuh at (309) 434-2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.