The Bloomington Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department operates two outdoor swimming pools plus a boating operation. Both pools open Memorial Day Weekend. One closes the middle of August and the other closes Labor Day. The early closing of one facility rotates each year between the two pools.
Located in Holiday Park at 800 S. McGregor
Holiday Pool features a zero depth children’s pool with spray features that are fun for ages 5 & under. It also has a small waterslide, deep water, picnic table area with vending machines, and grassy recreation area.
- Holiday Pool Season - May 25 - September 2
Located in O’Neil Park at 1515 W. Chestnut St.
O’Neil Pool is a 25-meter length pool for competitive swimming that also has 2 flume slides, a 1-meter and 3-meter diving board, a picnic table area with vending machines, and extra-large deck. There is a separate small wading pool for infants and toddlers.
- O'Neil Pool Season - May 25 - August 11
2019 Day and Hours of Operation – Holiday & O’Neil Pools
- Weekday Open Swim: 12:00 – 7:00 pm
- Season Pass Holder Swim Only: 11:30 – 12:00pm
- Shortened School Hours: 4:30 – 8:00 pm (when Dist. #87 is in Session)
- Weekend/Holiday Open Swim: 12:00 – 6:00 pm
*Times are subject to change due to programs and special events
Lap Swim Hours
Holiday Pool - M/W/F - June 3 - August 30 - 5:15-7:00amO'Neil Pool - Tu/Th - June 4 - July 18 - 9:30 - 11:30am
- General Admission (3 & over): $4
- Preschool (2 & under): Free
- Pool Pass: $29
- Pre-season Special*: $24
*Offer starts April 1 and expires opening day
- Miller Beach Boating is located in Miller Park at 1020 S. Morris Avenue.
- May 26 – Sept. 2 (open weekends only; water level permitting) 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm (the last boat int he water at 4:30 pm)
- *Boats are open on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day
- Paddleboats may be rented for $4 per half hour each. Those under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
The Bloomington Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department offers group and private swim lessons to children as young as 6 months of age. It’s a progressive system where students move at their own pace through a series of levels or stations.
Dolphins Swim Team
Join this fun and instructional program for both beginners and experienced swimmers. Participation for every child is our goal. Bloomington Parks and Recreation’s Swim Team is open to boys and girls of all ages.This program offers instruction and conditioning, planned and supervised by qualified coaches according to each youth’s ability level. Every team member participates in each Twin City Swim Conference meet. All practices and home meets are held at O’Neil Pool.