The Bloomington Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department operates two outdoor swimming pools plus a boating operation. Both pools open Memorial Day Weekend. One closes the middle of August and the other closes Labor Day. The early closing of one facility rotates each year between the two pools.
Located in Holiday Park at 800 S. McGregor
Holiday Pool features a zero depth children’s pool with spray features that are fun for ages 5 & under. It also has a small water-slide, deep water, picnic table area with vending machines, and grassy recreation area.
Located in O’Neil Park at 1515 W. Chestnut St.
O’Neil Pool is a 25-meter length pool for competitive swimming, a 1-meter and 3-meter diving board, a picnic table area with vending machines, and extra-large deck. There is a separate small wading pool for infants and toddlers.
2020 Day and Hours of Operation – Holiday & O’Neil Pools
Closed for the 2020 Season. See you in 2021!
- Weekday Open Swim: 12:00 – 7:00 pm
- Season Pass Holder Swim Only: 11:30 – 12:00 pm
- Shortened School Hours: 4:30 – 8:00 pm (when Dist. #87 is in Session)
- Weekend/Holiday Open Swim: 12:00 – 6:00 pm
*Times are subject to change due to programs and special events
Lap Swim Hours
Holiday PoolO'Neil Pool
- General Admission (3 & over): $5
- Preschool (2 & under): Free
- Pool Pass: $29
- Pre-season Special*: $24
*Offer starts April 1 and expires on the day prior to opening day
Miller Park Paddleboats
- Miller Beach Boating is located in Miller Park at 1020 S. Morris Avenue.
- May 23– Sept. 7 (open weekends only; water level permitting) 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm (the last boat int he water at 4:30 pm)
- *Boats are open on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day
- Paddleboats may be rented for $4 per half hour each. Those under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Every rider must wear provided life-jacket.
The Bloomington Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts Department offers group and private swim lessons to children as young as 6 months of age. It’s a progressive system where students move at their own pace through a series of levels or stations.